Classes begin quarterly
Learn to Code Online in 24 Weeks
In today’s age of technology, coding and logic-based skills are becoming increasingly in-demand across job markets for web developers. At the University of Kansas Coding Boot Camp, our full stack program teaches you the key skills for front end and back end web development, all while preparing you for success in the professional world.
- Join together with your classmates to tackle demanding projects and get hands-on training through experiential learning opportunities.
- Use your newfound skills to build a dynamic portfolio of applications and projects, showcasing your knowledge to potential employers and other web developers.
- Gain access to continuation courses that cover additional in-demand technologies, including Python, Java, C#, and Amazon Web Services.
- Gain an edge in the field through our wide-ranging career services such as technical interview preparation, resume and social media support, portfolio reviews, soft skills training, and more.
- Receive a Certificate of Completion from the University of Kansas Lifelong & Professional Education, demonstrating your achievement.
Our 24-week, part-time program offers a rigorous and rewarding experience. Through live classes and collaboration with your peers, you’ll gain proficiency in the theory and application of web development.
Why you should apply:
We will be honest with you—our programs are intensive and require serious dedication. If you are intellectually curious, eager for a career change, looking to advance in your field, and most of all, ready for a life-changing experience that is equal parts grueling and rewarding, this might be for you. Other reasons this program could be the right move:
- You are looking to change jobs or companies—or transition from a non-technical role to a technical role in your current company.
- You want to supplement your income through freelancing as a web developer.
- You want to gain new skills and be more productive in your current job.
- You have the desire to learn the necessary skills to go “all in” on an entrepreneurial idea and build your product.
- You aspire to further your knowledge or want to build up your skills while in school.
Knowledge you will gain:
The part-time program at KU Coding Boot Camp teaches a full stack curriculum, allowing students to graduate with the key skills needed for web development, including*:
- Databases (MySQL, MongoDB)
- Server Side Development (MERN Stack, Progressive Web Applications)
- Deployment/Command-Line Fundamentals (Heroku, Git)
- API Interaction (API, JSON, AJAX)
- Quality Assurance (Unit Testing, Linting, Continuous Integration)
- Supplemental Self-Study Topics (Python, Java, C#, Amazon Web Services)
*The material covered is subject to change. Our academic team adjusts to the market demand.
Frequently Asked Questions
Students can complete the part-time coding program in 6 months (24 weeks).
No previous experience is required. The pre-course tutorials will help you prepare for the Coding Boot Camp.
No, applicants do not need to be University of Kansas students. KU Coding Boot Camp is offered through the University of Kansas, Lifelong & Professional Education.
- 24-week program
- Classes held two weekdays from 6:30-9:30 p.m. and Saturdays from 10 a.m.-2 p.m.